Preparation for Breast Imaging
No breast surgery, chemotherapy or radiation treatment 3 months prior to a thermal exam.
24 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT:
- Do not shave your underarms, for 24 hours prior to your examination.
- No massage or lymph treatments.
- No chiropractic adjustments.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT
- No saunas, steam bath or hot tub.
- No hot or cold packs.
- No coffee, tea, soda or other beverages containing caffeine for 4 hours prior to the exam.
- Do not stimulate the nipple in any way for 12 hours prior to your examination.
- Do not perform any rigorous exercise program for at least 4 hours prior to your examination.
- Do not bath or shower in HOT water for at least 4 hours prior to your examination.
- Please do not use any lotions, creams, powders, or makeup on the breasts, and no use of deodorants or antiperspirants
- If you are nursing, please try to nurse as far from 1 hour prior to the exam as possible.
- If you are using pain medications, please avoid taking them for 4 hours prior to the examination. You must consult with the prescribing physician for his or her consent prior to any change in medication use such as this.