Pre – Thermographic Imaging Instructions
Welcome to The Centre For Vibrant Health And Wellness. Before you arrive for your breast thermogram, certain protocols must be followed in order to ensure that your images reflect accurate information. Please read the following instructions and strictly adhere to them:
MONTHS BEFORE YOUR VISIT
No breast surgery, chemotherapy or radiation treatment 3 months prior to a thermal exam.
1 MONTH BEFORE YOUR VISIT
No breast biopsy for 1 month prior to a thermal exam.
24 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT:
- Do not shave your underarms, for 24 hours prior to your examination.
- No massage or lymph treatments.
- No chiropractic adjustments.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT
- No saunas, steam bath or hot tub.
- No hot or cold packs.
- No coffee, tea, soda or other beverages containing caffeine for 4 hours prior to the exam.
- Do not stimulate the nipple in any way for 12 hours prior to your examination.
- Do not perform any rigorous exercise program for at least 4 hours prior to your examination.
- Do not bath or shower in HOT water for at least 4 hours prior to your examination.
- Please do not use any lotions, creams, powders, or makeup on the breasts, and no use of deodorants or antiperspirants
- If you are nursing, please try to nurse as far from 1 hour prior to the exam as possible.
- If you are using pain medications, please avoid taking them for 4 hours prior to the examination. You must consult with the prescribing physician for his or her consent prior to any change in medication use such as this.