After a complete assessment and case review, a combination of tests and assessments options will be discussed with you. Dr. Salter is thorough in order to make an accurate diagnosis. If you are affected by relatively simple things like low blood levels of B12, Zinc, or Coenzyme Q10 or more complex issues such as toxin overload, DNA genetic predispositions, or a lack of PTG, the diagnostic tools researched and utilized by Dr. Salter will prove invaluable. Be assured Dr. Salter is expertly skilled in applying the information gathered from a complete diagnostic analysis to facilitate your transformation to wellness.
The Centre For Vibrant Health And Wellness seeks to provide the most effective and most cost contained testing. There is no mark-up on our testing. Diagnostic tools may include thermography, scans, ultrasounds, blood analysis, urine analysis, saliva analysis, neurological profiling, memory assessments, and more:
Specialized Testing (not all tests may be listed)
Adrenal and Cortisol testing– levels of cortisol and DHEA and related hormones. Imbalances in these hormones are associated with ailments ranging from obesity and chronic fatigue to immune deficiency and increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
Allergy and Related Testing
- Airborne allergies test– to evaluate serum IgE antibody levels to common pollens and environmental inhalants.
- Gluten and Associated Gluten-Foods Intolerance Test– IgG4 antibodies are related to “delayed” or non-atopic food reactions that exacerbate or contribute to many different health problems.
- Celiac Testing– will show if the immune system is responding negatively to gluten. Looks at total IgA as well as IgA specific antibodies for possible or probable celiac disease, or gluten sensitivity.
- Food Intolerance Testing– measures the presence of food antigen specific IgE in human serum. These assays aid in the clinical diagnosis of allergy and hypersensitivity, and facilitate design of guided elimination diets for their patients.
Amino Acid Profiles– pinpoints problems in amino acid absorption and determining essential amino acid imbalances. Looks at limiting, branched chain, and essential and non-essential amino acids. Also identifies several functional categories, such as neuroendocrine, vascular, collagen status and detoxification, along with calculated ratios, and identifies vitamin and mineral insufficiencies.
Bone Density Scan & Osteoporosis– the Bone Density DEXA Scan is the most common and accurate diagnostic tool on the market. The Central DEXA at The Centre For Vibrant Health and Wellness uses dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scan. The patient lies on a soft table and the scanner passes over your lower spine and hip. Usually, you do not need to undress. This scan is the best test to predict your risk of fractures.
- Bone Resorption Profile– it is important to identify women in danger and those who are currently losing bone at an accelerated rate so that effective treatment can begin as therapeutic prevention or to monitor the treatment effectiveness of exercise, supplement, and medications intended to slow bone loss. Osteoporosis occurs when the normal cycle of bone remodeling is interrupted.
Breast and Cancer Risk Profiling Tests– Dr. Salter utilizes several diagnostic tests to determine breast cancer risk factors, a personalized risk profile, risk appropriate screening guidelines and risk reduction options. Testing accurately evaluates your risk factors for breast cancer in an effort to determine your lifetime breast cancer risk by evaluating both your family profile and the well-defined National Cancer Institute risk factors.
Cardiovascular Blood Profile– includes a state of the art comprehensive cardiovascular blood diagnostic panel which is for early detection. This looks at advanced blood markers for heart muscle function, inflammation, lipid metabolism, an immunoassay technology that provides better awareness and monitoring of heart health through precise measurements of clinically important biomarkers that are often below the detection limits of other methods.
Cellular Health and Mitochondria Function– Optimal health depends on healthy cell function. Organic Acids are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity. Identifying metabolic blocks that can be treated nutritionally allows individual tailoring of interventions that maximizes patient outcome.
Detoxification Profiles– identify impaired detoxification capacity, especially environmental toxins. Poor detoxification is an obstacle to healing and overall general health. Detoxification is often the key to bringing patients to a level of health they could not otherwise achieve. The problems created by toxicity manifest at the molecular and cellular level all the way to an individual organ’s performance.
Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome Testing
DNA & Genetic Testing– provides results through actionable genetic testing results on diet and exercise, carrier status, heart health traits, complex health conditions and drug response for specific medications.
DPA ( Digital Pulse Analysis)
- Stool Analysis– Helps identify inflammatory and immune response, which is important since the gut makes up almost 80% of the body’s immune system.
- Malabsorption and Micronutrient Analysis Profiles– analyze stool for digestive ability, absorption, pH, and bacterial metabolism.
- Candida Identification Profiles
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)- is a common gastrointestinal disorder that often underlies chronic symptoms of maldigestion and malabsorption, including bloating, gas, diarrhea, irregularity, and abdominal pain.
- Others– Infectious Disease, Parasites, Leaky Gut, Lactose Intolerance, H. Pylori, Yeast and Protein Absorption Analysis
Hormone Testing, Ratios and Analysis– specific and extensive testing via blood or urine analysis. Hormone imbalances may affect the risk and prognosis of estrogen dependent health conditions such as cancer, lupus, osteoporosis, and heart disease. From the treatment of menopause symptoms to cancer risk evaluation, diagnostic tools and panels evaluating hormones and ratios is important. Dr. Salter has experience and great success with applying the results to help her patients achieve quality of life and lasting health.
Immunology Testing– assesses biomarkers associated with immune-mediated disorders including autoimmunity, infection, and inflammation. Helps identify root causes of disease symptoms and neuro-endo-immune disturbances.
Melatonin Test– Melatonin is an important hormone and its imbalance has been associated with Seasonal Affective Disorder, infertility, sleeps disorders, and compromised immune function.
Mold Biotoxin Ilness Evaluation (Ritchie Shoemaker MD protocol)
Neurotransmitter Profiles– The nervous system serves as the central control mechanism for nearly every bodily process. The brain maintains homeostasis within the body through the use of neurotransmitters, which act as chemical messengers for the trillions of connections between the brain and all other organs. Hormone imbalance, immune dysregulation, and depression are a few of the conditions which can be halted if neurotransmitter ratios are not optimal.
Oxidative Stress Test– evaluates the body’s oxidative stress status and antioxidant reserve
pH & Acid Alkaline Testing
Toxin Analysis– toxic body burden is the lifelong accumulation of chemicals to which we are exposed through our food, air, and environment. This accumulation is not without consequences, and chronic health conditions like autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases, as well as cancer and even diabetes, have been associated with ongoing exposure to environmental toxins.
Heavy Metal Analysis
Thyroid Panel– analyzes serum levels of TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3, and TPO antibodies and more to assess central and peripheral thyroid function, as well as thyroid auto-immunity. TPO antibodies are helpful in identifying and controlling Hashimoto’s.
Preferred Diagnostic Vendors (not all vendors may be listed)
|Cyrex Labs||Genova Diagnostics||Metametrix Clinical Laboratories|
|Pharmasan Labs||LabCorp||American Metabolic Labs|
|BREVAGen||Phenogen Sciences||BioHealth Laboratories|
|OnCoblot Labs||Pathway Genomics||Professional Co-Op Services|
|NeuroScience||Phenogen Sciences||Health Diagnostic Laboratory|
|Singulex||SpectraCell Laboratories||Quest Diagnostics|
|Health Diagnostic Research|